Time clock improvements
Casey Zegar shared this idea 4 months ago
We're trying to start using the time clock. It looks like it's really close to being a great tool, but there are a few things that are slowing us down. It's mostly about customizing reports and easier editing:
- We would like to customize the columns shown on report. Creating a custom report that can be exported to ADP is a basic necessity, as well as customizing reports for viewing in IO so that we can edit, add bonus pay (custom column) & mileage (custom column), and click through to view leads and other details.
- When an employee clocks in to the wrong shift, or an unassigned shift, we need to be able to edit that. It would be great if the employee could edit that too, saving us some time.
- We would like to be able to see punches in real time. Currently we can't see an employee's punches until after they have clocked out for the day.
- If an employee forgets to, or can't clock in for some reason, we need to be able to manually add their punches.
- Editing punches should be easier if the report is reconfigured to show columns such as: Scheduled Start, Clock In, Scheduled End, Clock out. You could then auto-highlight individual punches that are outside of set parameters, rather then the current system which highlights shifts that are longer or shorter than scheduled.
- Only actual worked hours should show up in the total. Right now the payroll summary totals up worked and scheduled hours.
Here are some more advanced wishes:
- Ability to set up geofences around our warehouse and event sites. Then we get some sort of notification on the report if a worker clocks in or out outside of those areas. In my dream world, we wouldn't manually set up those geofences, but rather have a setting in IO that automatically sets those up within 200' of the warehouse and venue locations. That way we don't have to click on 500 maps when running payroll; the system just notifies us of the ones we do need to look at.
- When a worker completes a shift that includes multiple deliveries, we'd love a way to quickly assign those hours to the correct leads. This is in anticipation of at some point being able to generate job cost reports for each lead.
- Of course putting the time clock on an app would be amazing. It's crazy how so many young people don't seem to be able to function outside of apps. I basically have to take their phone, open a browser window, log in, save their credentials, and create a shortcut on their home screen in order for them to use the time clock. Then I have to do it again a month later after they break their phone. Sorry for the rant
- When we check the "Approved" box, can you show which IO user approved it, and when it was approved?
- Maybe allow employees to edit punches, but send us a notification and require them to add an explanation?