Enhanced reporting filters: "As of"

OMG Akron shared this idea 17 months ago
Under Consideration

I think it would be very helpful to have an "as of" fitler/date option in the report screens, specifically sales.


For example, if I wanted to see how many sales we had booked (not completed...booked) as of june 1 this month, there's no easy way to do this. In doing so, I can predict our sales curves for coming months etc.


As our salespeople close out a month and are trying to reach an overall monthly sales goal, it would be nice if they could see how many sales they typically can close in the final 14, 10, 7...or even 30... days of a month to meet their goals.

Comments (7)

photo
1

What you could do is use your date filter to only show leads in the last 30 or however many days, then create a custom report with the information you need. I made this as an example:

99a2a4c175888b6f6a0f06a44e2d841aThis probably doesn't have all the information you'd want for this report but the Lead Sales Rep and Payment Amount columns are going to be a lot of help in this situation. You can use CTRL + F when searching the available columns to type keywords and find specific columns you need. Let us know if you have any questions.

photo
1

That works.


For some reason, and I've always wondered this, whenever I download your reports in csv and open them in OpenOffice (used instead of excel for years), I get an extra apostrophe in front of every dollar amount, which makes it impossible to do certain functions like SUM of several lines. Any idea where this extra apostrophe comes from? Doesn't show up in other csv files downloaded from the banks, etc

photo
1

We'll look into an error in the code. Which column or columns have this happening?

photo
1

I attached a screenshot. It's in any column with a dollar amount.

photo
1

I see the screenshot. It was helpful to understand what you mean. It just didn't have any column headers in it and I wanted to make sure it wasn't just one specific column instead of several. I'm doing testing now.

photo
1

I've tested (with OpenOffice Calc) and cannot reproduce this. I've also looked at the raw text that's coming through (open with notepad or a text editor to see the "comma separated values" written out rather than interpreted), and it does not contain any extra characters or apostrophes. I believe this is an issue with your version or settings of OpenOffice.

Here are the settings I have for opening CSV files:

5f3883e6506a7d9d4bcb724b0b2491ab

photo
1

Thank you! I've had "other options" both checked...and that was it!!

photo