This object is in archive! 

Question about Distance Charges settings

David M. shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello, what is the difference between "restrict auto-booking" and "restrict quotes" on the Distance Charges page? Thanks!

Comments (1)

photo

Restrict Quotes won't take them to the Quote Confirm page when they click Get a Quote. Restrict Auto Booking will allow the customer to click Get a Quote and go the the Quote Confirm page which includes pricing but doesn't allow them to book the event and generate the contract from the Book Now button. Let me know if you have any questions!

photo

Thanks Noah. I noticed that during a "test run" of producing a quote (using my own information, and with "restrict auto-booking" as the setting I'm using), that on the Contract Page, if I sign the contract (by clicking "sign now"), without selecting anything in the "make a payment" section, I will get a message that says, "Success! we have processed your signature"....but then there is no button that will allow me to continue (like a "finalize contract" button, for instance). How would the customer proceed in this situation?

photo

Once the customer signs the contract making the payment is what finalizes that contract and moves there event to Confirmed status.

photo

Thanks Noah. On my Contract Page, with "restrict auto-booking" selected, I have only "cash" and "money order" as the only payment methods, because I don't yet have an account with a credit card processor and/or paypal. Is there a way to force the customer to select a payment option (and amount) before it will generate the "Success" message...the reason I ask, is because when I go into Leads, it's there (after the "Success.." message), but there is no indication of how they will pay. I have to go to the "Contract" tab under the lead, and manually enter a payment. This shouldn't be necessary as I believe that the customer should be made to select a payment method before being able to proceed. Hopefully you can help, or at least shed some light? Please see attached picture, as it will help to explain what I'm trying to get at....Thanks...

photo

We do not have a feature that shows you how the customers intends on paying and the status of that payment, the button is there now to inform the customer how they can pay with the option they choose. I'll add this to our product development system as a feature request so our developers can look into adding this in the future. You can leave notes on the lead to manually keep track of the payment type they're using and the status of that payment currently. I'll let you know if anything changes!

photo

Ok thank you!

photo

Noah, if I had "credit card" as one of the options, I'm assuming a button would appear that would allow them to make the payment, correct?

photo

Yes, the option for credit or PayPal will show on the contract once you integrate a merchant or PayPal so the customers can make payments online.

photo

Many thanks...I want to say that you and the rest of the IO support group are excellent! You're quick to respond and very helpful. KUDDOS

photo

Thank you! I'll pass the praise on to the rest of the team :)

Replies have been locked on this page!