This object is in archive! 

Testimonial Dates

Richard J. shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Could we get the date format updated on our testimonials widget? It is currently displaying with the US style format but we need AU style format.

Eg. Currently 9th February, 2019 is displaying as 02/09/19

But we need it displaying as 09/02/19

People here think we're cheating the system with testimonials from the future:)

Comments (11)

photo

Hi Richard! Is this for your http://showtimeletterlights.com.au domain? If so please email me at support@inflatableoffice.com so we can coordinate getting me admin access and I can definitely take care of this for you.

photo

Hey Phill...the other one: brisbaneeventhire.com.au

What access do you need?

photo

I actually already have access to that domain from prior support work I've done for you :) I checked the site and I'm not seeing the issue, for me dates are displaying in international format when I check availability. Can you verify where the issue is happening exactly?

photo

See attached as an example for the testimonial of Samantha Deon. On a product page where testimonials are displayed at the bottom.

For us - that date should display as 09/02/19, not 02/09/19

05e9b9432e6a3339245cfec91d04cd6b

photo

This also coincides with an issue where some testimonials pull through with a future year. We've seen 2020/2021 and the end of 2019 as well. See image.

06/04/19 hasn't occured yet no matter the format:)

8f83c69cb50a8d6fc5d0d7e2ff5db0de

photo

Doh! That's what I get for working tired, lol. I was looking at your Check Availability like a dummy. I'll dig into your testimonials tonight and tomorrow, and will reach out here and via email to let you know when fixed.

photo

Haha NP.

Attached is a 2020 for you:1511ddf04ef71005b595ab072b5243f1

photo

Just an update for you. I noticed your testimonial widget is an old implementation, and we have better / more secure way of doing it now. I rewrote the testimonial widget for you and placed a test version on the item - 44 Gallon Drum Dry Bar Table Black (https://brisbaneeventhire.com.au/tables-dry-bars/oil-drum-dry-bar-table-black/). With this widget I was able to fix the date with no issue. However, this widget will need restyled because it works differently than the old one, as such I left it with it's default styling until you have a chance to review it. Once you do let me know what you think / what changes you'd like made to the styling and I'll write it. Once that's done I'll provide you with the complete code so you can replace the other item's testimonial code with it.

As for the future dating I am still looking into that, and will update you early next week with some more answers.

photo

Thanks Phill,

Can you have the total number of reviews at the top like it was before (with this new way) ? ie. "Average Rating of 5.0 from 30 Customer Reviews" or something?

Also any updates with the future dating?

photo

Hi Richard,

Yes, will take a look at the newscript and add that for you. With the future dating we are still looking at that and I hope to have another update for you within the next few days. I'll reach out asap with an update for you.

photo

Hi Richard,

I added the requested verbiage to the new testimonial widget. If everything is good with it all you'll need to do from here is copy the new code to any other page you'd like to use it on.

We are still working on the future dating issue and I'll get back to you asap with more answers.

Replies have been locked on this page!