This object is in archive! 

Distance Charges

Tom S. shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

This is a bit involved, but I will try to simplify it. #1 Distance charge test is grayed out, so I cannot test the problems I am encountering. #2 An example of an ongoing problem=ID 692245. Distance to customer is 27 miles. I have set paramenters to make the charge $94. At 27 miles I am seeing the charge of $89, not $94. In addition, it appears from the log that my admin assistant has reduced the $89 manually to $79. Can I prevent adjustments to the delivery charge by an admin and why did my original charges not come out to $94 as set up? In addition, why can't I test?

Best Answer
photo

Test charges only allow zip code entry at this time. We disable it if you are using charges by address, which are more accurate. In your instance, the $89 rate was an older rate you used. When your admin made the lead, they copied it from an older one. That is why you see the $89 rate in the log. The reason why the mileage charge was less is because the Mapquest API that we use does not return the same results as their website. Your pivot point on the distance charge is 25 miles, so what happened here is a slightly shorter route was returned from the API causing the under 25 mile rate to be used. I recommend charging per mile to be the most fair for yourself and customers on the distance charges.

Comments (1)

photo

Test charges only allow zip code entry at this time. We disable it if you are using charges by address, which are more accurate. In your instance, the $89 rate was an older rate you used. When your admin made the lead, they copied it from an older one. That is why you see the $89 rate in the log. The reason why the mileage charge was less is because the Mapquest API that we use does not return the same results as their website. Your pivot point on the distance charge is 25 miles, so what happened here is a slightly shorter route was returned from the API causing the under 25 mile rate to be used. I recommend charging per mile to be the most fair for yourself and customers on the distance charges.

Replies have been locked on this page!