This object is in archive! 

How do i set sales tax in the leads tab, when I'm entering in an event booking?

Craig R. shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

I am trying to book an event for my company, and in the leads tab when i enter in all my information it wont let me set a sales tax. When i enter in a number it subtracts that number from my total rather than adding it to my subtotal as a sales tax. How do is set it as a sales tax?

Best Answer
photo

Is is assumed that when you make changes to a lead that you want to leave the total the same, so it uses the discount field to allow the math to add up. After changing the tax rate, set the discount field to 0 and it will then adjust the total properly.

Usually it will calculate the sales tax automatically and you don't need to adjust it, but you have to make sure you put the full address in as that is used to determine the tax rate.

Comments (1)

photo

Is is assumed that when you make changes to a lead that you want to leave the total the same, so it uses the discount field to allow the math to add up. After changing the tax rate, set the discount field to 0 and it will then adjust the total properly.

Usually it will calculate the sales tax automatically and you don't need to adjust it, but you have to make sure you put the full address in as that is used to determine the tax rate.

Replies have been locked on this page!