This object is in archive! 

Promotion Specials, Coupons, and Packages Issues

Ryan K. shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I am trying to set up different specials, packages, and coupons that customers can use depending on what they qualify for; however, I noticed the system will apply all 3 different types of promos at the same time even when the "Apply even when others of this type are applied?" checkbox is unchecked.

I understand that this checkbox option probably only applies to matching promo types... i.e. two competing special promos or two competing package promos, etc., but I was wondering if there is an option to restrict the use of promos to only 1 type of promo at a time depending on which option the customer uses when they submit a quote?

For example:

If the customer uses a coupon, is there an option that makes that specific coupon override all other promos types and only apply that specific coupon promo?

Or when a customer clicks on a package promo link, the package promo will override all other promo types and apply only that specific package promo?

Also, I have noticed that when I create a package promo... that package promo will automatically be added to every single quote, regardless of whether a customer clicks on the package promo link or not.

Even when a customer uses a coupon code, the system will apply both the coupon discount and the package discount. See quote id #3336551 to reference this issue.

Is there a way to set up a promotion that is only applied to a quote when the customer clicks on the link or enters the coupon code rather than applying both automatically for every single quote?

I would like to have the following promotional options:

#1, have a "special" promo applied automatically if a customer simply goes to the website and gets a quote (given they meet the criteria of that special), kind of like what the package promo is doing automatically now.

#2, if the customer clicks on a "package" promo link, I would like the option to have the link promo only applied when the customer clicks on the link rather then apply the package promo regardless of whether they click on the link or not (which is what it is doing now), and also have the option for it to override the special promo and only apply the "package" promo.

#3, same applies to the "coupon" promo, if the customer enters the coupon code, I would like the option of having the coupon override the other promos and only apply the coupon promo and not both the coupon promo and package promo.

Please let me know what I need to do to get these 3 different types of promotions to apply only 1 type of promo per quote, not potentially all 3 at the same time. Let me know if there is another way I go about achieving the 3 solutions I am looking for as mentioned above... perhaps an option for the "Apply even when others of this type are applied?" checkbox to apply between different promo types as well... and the "package" promo to apply only when the customer clicks on the link rather than always applying the "package" promo automatically for every quote.

Thanks!

Ryan Kennedy

Comments (1)

photo

You are correct, that checkbox only is within the same type of promotion (special, coupon, or package). This is an area where we plan to put some time this year. Right now, the only thing I could recommend is to make all your promotions coupon code type. I know there are issues with that like making them type the code. The only way to prevent multiple from occurring is to make sure they are all the same type. Since you want the customer in many cases to have to do something to get it and not for it to auto apply, coupon is your best option. I'll make note of these requests so we can work them into our redesign of this area. Thanks!

Replies have been locked on this page!