This object is in archive! 

Why does the 'book date' not always log on each order?

Lora C. shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

3265667,2997867 as an example

We're trying to figure out why our numbers in the overview screen don't always match (top l;eft, bottom left screens). It turns out, many orders have no 'book date'. I believe we discussed this before, but what is causing some orders not to be assigned a 'book date' once we book them by taking a deposit?

Comments (6)

photo

Sorry for the trouble! Nothing should be clearing the book date automatically. I tested it a few times to confirm. As far as I can tell when the payment was entered on the contract tab of that lead, the book date was manually cleared (or the browser glitched and didn't send the data over).

If you do see it happen let me know any more details would be helpful. Is it always happening to the same worker or on the same computer or not?

photo

Looks like it is every order that pays deposit by check...

photo

I've figured out what's going on. When you save a payment it's also sending over the empty book date which is overriding what the status change sets it to. I'll have this fixed for the next release (due out in about a week).

photo

Looks like this is still occuring, for some reason. Attached screenshots....

photo

In our last release we fixed this from happening on future orders. Ones that had their date switched before the update haven't been altered back.

photo

If you look at the first screenshot, both of those orders were entered at 5pm yesterday. One was manually moved to deposit paid, but the bottom one took full payment at 5pm as well...

photo

I read the initial post wrong and thought you were referring to a different bug we fixed for yesterdays release. But this is a different issue too. The status "deposit paid" does not have the flag on it to set the book date. Only contract created does. You're entering the payment before that and skipping that status.

photo

I've added this flag to the deposit paid status so you should be good from now on

Replies have been locked on this page!