This object is in archive! 

Overnight Pricing

Richard J. shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

If an overnight hire has a default end time of say 9am in the morning regardless of when the event starts the day before, how do you price inventory to reflect this?

At the moment, I can't see a way of acknowledging this set up because 24 hour pricing means if someone's event starts at 12pm the day prior, they're quoted until 12pm the day following?

Basically it needs to be any 4 hour block between the business hours set is "x", then 8 hours between the business hours set is "y", then overnight is "z" where any event time extends past the final business hour set limit but ends by default at 9am the following morning.

Is this possible and if so, what is the layout structure

Comments (3)

photo

Right now, we just price based on duration of the event, independent of time of day or days of the weeks that it spans.

photo

We can make rentals unavailable for duration of times between events, but we also already take into account Travel duration, setup time, and teardown time.

photo

I'm a little dumbfounded by this...

Is there a custom solution to this that we can have implemented?

photo

I'll put together something for our development team to quote. I do have a question though: What would you do if the event is 10am - 8pm? It's still within business hours, but is longer than 8 hours. Would this be charged the same price as an overnight event? If so, the current pricing should work quite well, we just need to add in some hours of operation that don't allow the customer to enter an event ending after 9pm.

Replies have been locked on this page!