This object is in archive! 

Custom deposit amounts based on total value of rental

Matthew I. shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to automate a custom deposit amount based on the total amount of a rental?

For example, if the total amount of a rental comes to $130, we would only take a $50 deposit; however, if a rental is over $300, we typically take a $100 deposit.

I only see ways to automate custom deposits based on individual items. Can this be done?

Thanks

Comments (9)

photo

We cannot do it in tiers. We can only to it per rental and then by percentage in Settings->Payment Options.

photo

Matt, doesnt your customers and staff get confused on those desposits? We tried that early on in our business but we finally gave up cause they would say a jump and a sno cone you want the same deposit as you do for 2 inflatables etc.

We finally settled on 20% deposit on all orders. Our staff loves it much better because its an easy answer while on the phone etc.

Now if we have a huge order or have a question about how serious the client is we might bump it manually to 30-50%

photo

Interesting, so if you have an order for one inflatable you still just take the 20%?

I wish there was a way in IO to say "require 20% deposit OR a minimum of $50, whichever is greater".

photo

yes 20% regardless its easy to tell the client, its easy for everyone to know staff and all.. and any client can figure it our when working on their budget..

so you basically want to get 50 on all rentals as a deposit?

if so just set the deposit default to 50.00

photo

This would be a great feature to offer. The option to require "payment in full" for smaller orders and deposits for larger ones would be a god send!

photo

No updates on this as of yet....will keep you posted.

photo

Greg, this you can do. Under Settings-->Customer Types you can set a specific deposit amount for that client type!

Replies have been locked on this page!