This object is in archive! 

google calendar

James B. shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Have read through the topics on adding a new google calendar, and have added them before. Feeling kinda stupid because I can't remember how to do it! Can you remind me how to add an additional calendar to one of my locations?

Comments (4)

photo

This is a bit tricky to explain because Google has calendars, and IO has calendars. So sometimes the wording of this topic can be ambiguous. So:

Google has calendars. These google calendars would exist even if you deleted your IO account. You can log into your google calendar online to view them, and Google is where you go to create a new calendar in Google.

And

IO has calendars these calendars push events into your already existing Google Calendars. The IO calendars just decide the content / name/ details of the events that we push into Google.

So, you may first need to go to Google to create the google calendar you want. Then after that, go to settings->Google Calendar in IO to create a new IO calendar that dictates what to push into that google calendar.

photo

Sorry for the confusion! I have the google calendar already set up. I need to add it to one of my locations. When I go to settings -> Google calendar and click "new calendar" there is a pulldown listing one calendar I am already using, but no way to add a second calendar (I want to push the events to 2 separate google calendars).

photo

No problem. This is a common source of confusion, so we'll work on making our interface more clear. You have to first create that 2nd google calendar in the google account. We can push events into existing google calendars, but we can't create new google calendars from inside of IO. You'll need to do that HERE: https://calendar.google.com

After the calendar is created in Google, you can create a second set of event templates to push into it in IO

photo

Ahhh...I think I found the problem: the google calendar already exists, but it is in a separate google account. So I was hoping to push the events to 2 separate google calendars in 2 separate google accounts. No possible, right?

photo

It's not, but you can push them both to one, and then share the one in google with another google user. Or if they're both the same, just share the same one with both. But all that is sharing on google's side, not creating 2 integrations in IO.

Replies have been locked on this page!