This object is in archive! 

make a copy

Casey P. shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

One item I would like to be changed is when you make a copy of a contract or contact and you change a contact name because now maybe you have two contacts at a big company all the other contracts change with the new name. Why are't they independent of one another. If you make a copy and then make a change on that copy it should be change on the new copy. It may be something to put a patch on or change in your system.

Thanks

Comments (3)

photo

Some fields are part of the Customer Profile and change unless you make a new profile for the customer. ie: the customer name, address, phones, and emails all get saved to the Customer Profile, not specifically to the lead. The lead just references the customer by it's ID number. If a contract is auto-generated, it will pull whatever information is most current. If it's a saved snapshot of a contract or a signed contract, that document is sealed as is and doesn't change anymore (except the balance due, amount paid, ect)

photo

Right I understand that. But technology is suppose it make things easier. So when I make a copy of a contract, I was hoping that contract is it's own now and independent of the copy it came from. In my case I have a college that has a lot of departments. I have to create a new lead for every department even though all the info is the same except the contact. I was just trying to save a step but I guess I have to create a new lead for every contact at the same location. Each person is in the same Student activities office but each one handles different groups. Just thought it would be a suggestion.

photo

You can still make the lead from a copy of another. Just check the box in the contact area that says "New Profile" if you the changes you're making shouldn't edit the customer record but rather make a new one.

Replies have been locked on this page!