This object is in archive! 

inventory pictures

Alex L. shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

For the inventory Pictures I upload a clear PNG file yet when it uploads to my website via the API it has a white background and the resolution lowers drastically. Is there any way to correct this? To be able to pull the image at a higher resolution and in the original clear format?

Thanks,

Alex

Comments (2)

photo

Can you attach the picture and let me know what rental you are doing this with?

photo

Hi, I'm using the IO to WordPress integration tool.

I have photos that are 470x313 they are nice and clear. The same image has been loaded into IO inventory.

When the image is loaded on the rental/detail page the image quality is reduced (as per initial thread). What resolution is supported in the file upload? Whatever the current limit is can this be increased?

Thanks, Anthony

photo

The image uploads at 250x250 maximum. Our next update will allow for a 750X750 maximum upload for the image in WordPress.

photo

Thank you, that will certainly help with our current grid images. Will this change require all the inventory images to be uploaded again? When is the update planned?

Just an idea, but if hosting space is a concern, could you consider allowing IO / Inventory images to be saved/linked to a different hosting server? You could then remove the upload restriction for clients that hosted inventory images externally.

Regards, Anthony

photo

The change should go out tomorrow if we don't find any major issues while bug testing in the meantime. Unfortunately it will require you to re-upload because we only saved the 250x250 version in our previous code.

photo

That's great, Thx.

We will hold off going live with the new site until the update is released and all our inventory stock images are updated.

photo

Did this update go out today?

photo

Not today. We found some issues before releasing. You'll see the "new update released" notification at the top of the screen when it goes out.

photo

With the update now, how do I pull the %%big_image%% via the API? The "imageloc" url is still the original 250x250 image.

photo

You should be able to access it via "imagelocbig" in the API. I've updated the docs.

https://www.inflatableoffice.com/support/knowledge-base/article/api-rentals-list

Replies have been locked on this page!