This object is in archive! 

Can we use a dedicated IO Service Account for QuickBooks WebConnector?

Brandon T. shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to setup a dedicated IO Account for the sole purpose of authenticating the QB's web connector?

Each time the main user password is changed it breaks the web connector and if not caught, causes financial reporting discrepancies which can have a serious consequences. Any advise or solution to this reoccurring problem would be welcomed.

Regards, Anthony

Houston Party Rental

Comments (3)

photo

Changing the main account password doesn't do anything to the QB integration. When you setup the QB integration originally, we need a password. Since we are sending financial information, we thought it would be good to make sure that the main account owner was aware. So, to kill 2 birds with one stone, we required the main account password. Then we use that as the QB integration password. When you change your main account password, it doesn't affect the QB integration password. That remains the same cause it's saved somewhere else. So, when you change your main password, don't change the password in the web connector. It should work fine as is.

photo

All I can say without specifically breaking it (again), our anecdotal observations are when IO password is changed the IO web connector authentication fails. When I have time I will perform a controlled documented test to confirm cause and effect.

photo

It should not happen. There is no place to change the IO QB password. Only the IO admin password. Just make sure you don't change the password in the web connector.

Replies have been locked on this page!