This object is in archive! 

2 Questions Regarding Delivery and Logistics

WILSON C. shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hi IO,

I'm right in the middle of expanding with getting another vehicle and more rentals in my inventory.

My biggest hurdle with growing is delivery schedules. (make sure I get all orders out in time).

I have 2 questions, not sure if I can explain it properly:

1. Is there a way to put into the travel time widow, (or travel block) for a return to the warehouse to reload in the delivery/routing tab? Then maybe a time block to show the loading time.

For example:

Vehicle 1: has to deliver job #1, #2, #3 and #4 the return to the warehouse to load job #5, #6, #7 and #8. then deliver those last 4.

so the return trip to the warehouse will be from the location of job #4 then to the warehouse, load the truck and then to job #5.

So is there a way to put that space and maybe print out something to indicate that?

Question 2:

If I have multiple vehicles how does everyone manage which vehicles get to deliver and pick up which jobs?

Would the workers module help with that?

Comments (1)

photo

1) We can't yet allow for this yet. The best you can do is manually leave a gap and write in instructions for your crew.

2) In my experience, people tend to have the same vehicle drop-off and pick-up when possible. Otherwise, people tend to schedule their drop-offs and pick-ups as tight as possible to minimize the time the workers are out.

Replies have been locked on this page!