This object is in archive! 

Sales grids and leads not matching up

Hayim T. shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm still not understanding the numbers from the sales grids and the leads.

When I run reports from the leads page the numbers are different than from the sales overview page. Also, when I compare the figures to QB I get different numbers. Can someone explain it to me again?

Thank you.

Best Answer
photo

There are a number of reasons you could have differences. First, QB allows reports to be shown in Cash or Accrual accounting methods.

InflatableOffice will only show sales for leads that are in a status that is set to be used for statistics. Secondly, the default view will show sales without tax, but some earlier customers may have it set to show gross sales including tax. Contact us if you want to change this.

Apart from that, the Sales tab of the overview page bottom two tables show lead sales based on when the event occurs. The top two tables also require that a contract has been sent before tallying the sales numbers.

Because these are based on when the sale occurs, they would most closely match accrual reports in QB. However, there is one more thing to consider. You can set what date is used for the invoice date in QB, which is the date QB uses for accrual based reports. This can be set to the book date (date you sent the contract) or the event date.

All of these factors affect your ability to compare the statistics. You may want to design some reports inside InflatableOffice and QB to make it easier to compare. With these reports, you should be able to build 2 that should match every time you compare. I hope this helps.

Comments (6)

photo

There are a number of reasons you could have differences. First, QB allows reports to be shown in Cash or Accrual accounting methods.

InflatableOffice will only show sales for leads that are in a status that is set to be used for statistics. Secondly, the default view will show sales without tax, but some earlier customers may have it set to show gross sales including tax. Contact us if you want to change this.

Apart from that, the Sales tab of the overview page bottom two tables show lead sales based on when the event occurs. The top two tables also require that a contract has been sent before tallying the sales numbers.

Because these are based on when the sale occurs, they would most closely match accrual reports in QB. However, there is one more thing to consider. You can set what date is used for the invoice date in QB, which is the date QB uses for accrual based reports. This can be set to the book date (date you sent the contract) or the event date.

All of these factors affect your ability to compare the statistics. You may want to design some reports inside InflatableOffice and QB to make it easier to compare. With these reports, you should be able to build 2 that should match every time you compare. I hope this helps.

photo

Hi

Our QB uses Accrual basis.

How do i make sure that the status is set to be used for statistics? Is that just checking off reports in the status page?

Also, can you set it to show gross sales including tax please?

Can I change the report date for IO - either book date or event date? and if so - how do i change it - or do i need to change it in QB to match IO?

photo

Also, how do i find out what date is currently transferring into QB?

Thanks,

Lea

photo

Yes the Reports checkbox is what controls what statuses are included in overview statistics.

Your sales reports are already set to include tax in them.

There is not a way to use book date instead of event date on overview reports or for quickbooks. We always use event date.

You can go to Settings->Quickbooks and click View Queue and View Log to see what is happening with Quickbooks integration. You may have to login to the worker account you created for QB first.

photo

HI,

I was just told that they would like to have the tax removed (separated) so can you change it?

Thank you!

photo

Done!

Replies have been locked on this page!