This object is in archive! 

Are all database customers receiving Newsletter

Mike C. shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

We have 1900 customers on our database and when a newsletter was recently sent out we had only 5 automated replies saying customer on leave of left business. Out of 1900 this in the past has been more than 50. Our personal email address's are also on the database but we have not received the newsletter at all. Is there something we are doing wrong or a way we can see if the newsletter has been sent to all customers?

Mike

Best Answer
photo

I see your recent newsletters sent to about 1700 emails. Your email address was not in the list of recipients because you do not have a customer record with your email on it.

Everything looks okay on our end. I did notice that the 'open time' of the newsletters will never be set on your newsletters because the %open_image% was not in your template. I'll update our code to force this in there for the future.

One other thing I noticed is that your email is only an image which may cause a higher 'spam' rate. I would recommend adding a paragraph of text about your company at the bottom or something. Try using http://isnotspam.com/ to test your emails.

Comments (3)

photo

I see your recent newsletters sent to about 1700 emails. Your email address was not in the list of recipients because you do not have a customer record with your email on it.

Everything looks okay on our end. I did notice that the 'open time' of the newsletters will never be set on your newsletters because the %open_image% was not in your template. I'll update our code to force this in there for the future.

One other thing I noticed is that your email is only an image which may cause a higher 'spam' rate. I would recommend adding a paragraph of text about your company at the bottom or something. Try using http://isnotspam.com/ to test your emails.

photo

Thank you for your response.

My private email is xxxx which is on our database, we have a few others which we send to to test, non of which received.

This e-mail was one which was sent out the previous year so I changed the 'Active' date' to re send. Could it be that your records shoe 1700 as it included last years post or does it show the 1700 have gone out from last weeks date?

What is the time period that it takes to send to the whole database also?

Mike

photo

Newsletters can only be sent once. So if you sent it last year then you cannot just change the date to have it re-send. You must create a new one and paste in in the old newsletter, then it will allow you to send to everyone again.

Replies have been locked on this page!