This object is in archive! 

Marquee Structure

Richard J. shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

We have a new 6x18 framed marquee made up of 6x3 bays. So the options are: 6x3, 6x6, 6x9, 6x12, 6x15 & 6x18.

If we add these as parent/child type inventory items, could you confirm the correct structure?

6x18 is the parent as it's the largest but if the others are all only assigned a single letter, they don't seem to work with the inventory count ie. a 6x15 still shows as available when a 6x3 is booked (when it shouldn't). It works when you check 6x18 (as it's the parent)

So ATM, we have:

6x3 = A, 6x6 = B, 6x9 = C, 6x12 = D, 6x15 = E, 6x18 = A,B,C,D,E

Comments (9)

photo

If the 6x6, 6x9, 6x12, 6x15, and 6x18 are all made up of 6x3's then I would have 6x3 = A and then do 6x6=A,A; 6x9=A,A,A; 6x12=A,A,A,A; 6x15=A,A,A,A,A; and 6x18=A,A,A,A,A,A. This would still allow one 6x3 available when the 6x15 is booked, does the 6x15 have a piece that would cause the 6x3 to be overbooked? I'm having trouble finding these items in you account what is the name of the parent?

photo

Can you give us both scenarios?

Ie. They were able to be booked with varying quantities? Ie. We could hire a 6x3 even when another variation was booked?

And then also if they ALL become unavailable when any one piece is booked?

We made them inactive until we figured it out. They are under "marquees and shade"

photo

If you have 6 of the 6x3 tents then the system would know you have 3 of the 6x6 tents, 2 of the 6x9 tents and 1 of the 6x15/6x18 tents. This would also mean that is 6x9 is booked then 1 of the 6x6 tents would be available and 3 of the 6x3 tents would be available. In the A,B,C,D,E scenario the 6x3 ,6x6, 6x9, 6x12, 6x15 would not be related to each other.

photo

We needed to make some adjustments to the relationship and now cannot get it to apply any quantities.

Our original relationship per your suggestion above was

6x3 = A

6x6=A,A

6x9=A,A,A

6x12=A,A,A,A

6x15=A,A,A,A,A

6x18=A,A,A,A,A,A

But the quantities we could make out of the full 6x18 structure ended up being incorrect.

WE NEED:

6x3 = 2

6x6=2

6x9=2

6x12=1

6x15=1

6x18=1

We've defaulted everything back to the original relationship and it still won't revert back.

Could you help

photo

Hey Richard, I can't find these items in your system. What is the name of the item in IO? Also, did the quantity issue stay the same with the setup I suggested compared to the original set up?

photo

They are inactive because we can't get the quantities correct (under marquee).

Originally, yes it worked but after assembly, we realised we couldnt use 6 of the 6x3s.

The quantities listed in the last comment are now what we need

photo

Could you please help

photo

Hey Richard, I'll have to make these items active again to fix them, is it alright if I do that?

photo

Yes. That's fine

photo

Could we please get an update/solution to this? It's been a week since this was originally posted

photo

Sorry Richard, I was out of the office yesterday due to health issues I can fix this now. I have it set up the way you asked with the quantities set up how you wanted them. Just to make sure, will renting the 2 6x3's in the system cause the 6x18 to be off the shelf?

photo

Yes that's correct.

6x18 is the ultimate parent in the scenario. If it's booked nothing else available

15 still allows qty 1, 6x3

12 still allows qty 1, 6x3 or qty 1, 6x6

9 allows qty 2 or 1 of the smaller ones

And so on

photo

Gotcha, currently the 6x3 - 6x15 will not affect each others availability but the 6x18 will be made up of 1 of each of its children. This means someone can book a 6x15 and both 6x3 will still be available. For the other items to make each other unavailable I'll have to add another child item, I can make it hidden so it only affect the structure of these items. Is that alright with you?

photo

Whatever will make it work will be fine🙂 Thank you

photo

Is this complete?

I can see it's now active on the site however the p/c relationship isn't working as described. We tested by booking a 6x18 which still allowed a 6x9 to be booked?

photo

Hey Richard, I'd tried to make this work by adding another item but I think I was able to make it work with the items that were in the system. the 6x18 makes everything else unavailable, 6x15 leaves 1 6x3 on the shelf, 6x12 leaves 1 6x3 and 1 6x6 on the shelf, and the 6x9 leaves 2 6x3's on the shelf and 1 6x6 on the shelf. And the 6x3, 6x6, and 6x9 all have a quantity of too. Let me know if you need anything else!

photo

The maximum of anything we can available where sizing permits, is 2. So some of the above isn't correct.

When you get to 6x12, it should only allow EITHER a 6x3 or a 6x6 to be available at the time

A 6x9 booked should only allow 1 off 6x3 OR 1 off 6x6 OR 1 more 6x9

A 6x6 booked should only allow 1 off 6x3 OR 1 more 6x6 OR 1 off 6x9 OR 1 off 6x12

A 6x3 booked should only allow 1 more 6x3 OR 1 off 6x6 OR 1 off 6x9 OR 1 off 6x12 or 1 off 6x15

photo

Hello,

This issue was never resolved.

Could you please revisit and advise whether it's possible to configure it in the way required or at least the next best solution?

Thanks

photo

I am taking a look at this...how many of the 6x3 do you have it total? The way we have it set up...we need that total and then it will allow the other quantities to pull from that. So, if it's saying we only have 2 6x3 (A) then it's not going to allow the 6x18 to be rented that needs 6-A's to build it.

photo

If you assemble 2 6x3, then correct, it is not possible to assemble the 6x18 because the components have been used

photo

So do you have 6 total of the 6x3?

photo

In theory yes. But only 2 can be assembled at once.

Everything up to 6x9 can be assembled for a qty of 2. After that's it's skewed based on the overall length of 18mtr

photo

This is going to have to be completely redone then. You can't have the 6x3 (A) only has 2 in stock if it takes (A,A,A,A,A,A) to build the 6x18. Does this make sense?

photo

Whatever makes it work will be great😉

Replies have been locked on this page!