This object is in archive! 

2 Questions About the Delivery Tab

WILSON C. shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

2 more quick questions (sorry for so many this week).

(1). Why is one block darker than the rest in attachment 1? i thought it was because I had to send staff to attendant at the event but there is no staff there besides the delivery crew to setup. Lead ID 1159200

(2). When you place in the delivery blocks for multiple days, (say Friday to Sunday), into the time slots and go to print the Directions: There is a gap between the each job for staff to "wait", which is correct. However when the next delivery starts on the next day.....the instructions say to start at the previous address for the last job, which will confuse my guys. (See attachment 2)

Is there a way to make it more specific that they need to start at the warehouse the next day to load the next job or jobs for the day?

I know I can slide each block up and down the timeline but is there a way to create a block that starts at the garage? Maybe with instructions that can appear on the "Directions" on what jobs to load next? Or create a block that after a certain job stop by the warehouse to load the next, (or any special instruction, message, task)....

Similar to the instructions I created in Attachment #3

Comments (5)

photo

1) This is related to whether or not the deliver method has staff or not. If it's a fully staffed event, you'd likely want to drive the vehicle there and have it on site through the event. Dropoffs, on the other hand, then to go from one event to another setting up, then back around to do pickups. It's just a subtle way of visualizing that in your schedule.

2) This is something that needs improved on our end. Right now, we assume the work day basically starts at the beginning of the date range you put in, and ends at the end of the range you put in. It typically works best if you only put in one day at a time, but there are potential scenarios when you may be actually doing overnight events/routes. We'll likely be adding in "warehouse blocks" in the future to allow you to customize this more rather than just assuming.

photo

That would be some awesome to be able to do that!!

Thanks for looking into it.

Ken

photo

Regarding question #1.

The block is dark purple yet it's just a residential drop off and pick up the next day. no staff, yet it's dark purple. Lead ID 1159200. I just want to figure out why so I can use that feature to it's full potential and not miss anything.

photo

The delivery method (in your settings) for "Driveway/Side of House" is set to staff

photo

oh man, I suck...thanks!!! I fixed it

Replies have been locked on this page!